Monday, October 27, 2008

Thing 19: Jott

I signed up for Jott this summer and instantly fell in love with the interface. I got the idea from Dan Meyer, an edublogger who's a math teacher, on a vlog he did this summer. I was briefly obsessed with calling Jott about anything that popped into my mind, which was especially helpful as I planned my wedding, and tried to capture fleeting thoughts about school when they flitted by.

I especially like being able to categorize my notes, either when I called them in or when I looked at them later. For awhile, I liked getting the text reminders, but too many built up on my phone so I gave that up.

I was extraordinarily displeased when Jott went out of beta and started charging for all services above the basic level.

After I got my iPod Touch, I was super-excited to always have my Jott on hand. Unfortunately, iTunes and my iPod stopped recognizing the problem, so I need to deal with that before I can give Jott back my devotion.

No comments: